[CentOS] Re: S/N on this list is plummeting...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sat Jun 4 06:41:17 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 07:32 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Bryan, sometimes I think you read too much between the lines than
> generally advisable. Before you were on this list we didn't have such
> discussions and I don't feel there was an anti-Red Hat theme back then.

Now hold on.  The "Vote for CentOS" thread was already erupting into an
vote for Red Hat / don't vote for Red Hat bunch of garbage _before_ I
even got anywhere near it.

In fact, I've actually been far more in the middle on it than several
people.

> To be honest, I think you're creating the anti-Red Hat feeling with some
> of the black and white comments and opinions (and maybe by repeating that
> you have to fight it). This list used to be about the technical part, not
> about politics and flavored opinions. That seemed to have changed when you
> started mailing :/

Don't pin some of this on me.  Yes, I started a few threads.  But some
of this stuff I didn't.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->