[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 02:21:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 14:29, Lamar Owen wrote:
> But Fedora never gives you the fixed/usable release.
>
> FC3 is very stable, very close to RHEL4, and many packages in RHEL4 are
> bit-for-bit at the executable level identical to the FC3 package.  Check for
> yourself.

I'm using it - and crashing regularly with a raid on firewire
setup...  Other than that oddball configuration it might be OK
now, but look at all the updates you have to download after an
install to get that mostly-usable version.  If they'd roll
out a respin with the fixes on new install images when the
initial bugs are mostly fixed it might be reasonable to
use.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com