[CentOS] dragging windows leaves traces

Robin Mordasiewicz

robin at bullseye.tv
Mon Jun 6 14:44:08 UTC 2005

I have an excellent nvidia graphics card, I get excellent fps, all agp
features are installed correctly etc.

When I drag windows around wit hthe opaque settings on it leaves traces
for a couple milliseconds as it redraws the window, but it just looks so
crummy to see.

I am having a hard time convincing people that using linux is a good idea.

People make judgements on this type of thing and they think that linux is
slow compared to Windows.

When I had windows installed on this same machine dragging windows around
did not produce any traces.

Using linux on the desktop looks like a throwback to windows 95 on a 486.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make X redraw windows better.