[CentOS] yum setup help and extra repos including centosplus

Robert Hanson

roberth at abbacomm.net
Mon Jun 6 18:47:04 UTC 2005

greetings

recently i asked a question and i was directed to the possibility that a
certain fully enabled compiled kernel for CentOS 4 might help me.

so, i am looking at

http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/centos/4/centosplus/Readme.txt

and wondering how to cover all bases....

can i cover all bases if i put an *blanket* package(s) exclude in
/etc/yum.conf ?

or do i have to put package(s) exclude in every config file in the
/etc/yum.repos.d/ directory ?

specifically, the CentOS-Base.repo file. do i put it at the top and then it
will be in effect for all sub-repos in that file??

at the top of the CentOS-Base.repo only? :)

i realize that i can do it as a command line switch yet then my brains will
fall out trying to remember everything.

regards and tia for any clarification.

 - rh