[CentOS] Temperature monitoring tools

Tue Jun 7 10:46:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 06:24 -0400, William Warren wrote:
> Are there any easy to use snmp(mainly temperature monitoring)
> tools around for Centos -4?  This is on a Dell sc420 server.

There are the snmp tools mrtg (included) and cacti (available from dag's
site: http://dag.wieers.com/packages/cacti/ ).

Using those specifically for temperature ... I don't.  I use cacti for
processor usage, memory usage, bandwidth, etc.

Cacti is much easier to setup and use (in my opinion) that mtrg.

http://www.cacti.net/

Once you get cati running ...

Google search with these parameters shows lots of stuff:

site:forums.cacti.net cacti temperature snmp
--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>