[CentOS] Temperature monitoring tools

Rob Hall robslists at digitalmedia.newsquest.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 13:46:20 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 11:24, William Warren wrote:

> Are there any easy to use snmp(mainly temperature monitoring)
> tools around for Centos -4?  This is on a Dell sc420 server.

I'm a little confused by your message. Do you want to monitor the Dell
remotely via SNMP or are you after using the Dell to monitor other machines
via SNMP?

If the later I'd agree with others recommendations regarding Cacti. I use it
to monitor full hardware status, temps etc, of a raft of Dell servers
(although it took some setting up in terms of creating the necessary SNMP
data collection/graphing elements).

In terms of obtaining the temps etc from the Dell servers via SNMP I use the
Dell supplied OMSA (http://linux.dell.com/monitoring.shtml). A new version of
OMSA is supposedly due this month that supports RHEL 4 and should therefore
work on Centos 4.

--
Best regards,
 Rob Hall - Red Hat Certified Engineer