[CentOS] yum overwriting

Thu Jun 9 14:53:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:38 -0400, William Warren wrote:
> It overwrote yum.conf leaving only my dag statements and put the
> centos base stuff into /etc/yum.repos.d.  Is this something yum
> now does by default and if so is there a way to tell it to leave
> yum.conf alone and read only yum.conf?

Are you moving from CentOS-3 to CentOS-4 via Yum?

The new yum does this by default ... there is no real way to turn it
off.  But if you change both yum.conf and CentOS-Base.repo (rem out all
the CentOS-Base.repo stuff with # ... change yum.conf to the way you
want it) it should from that point on save your files (at the very
least).

If you delete CentOS-Base.repo, it will keep coming back ... if you
modify it, it should stay as is.