[CentOS] New CentOS 4 x86_64 U1 kernel - grub entry

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 9 22:49:58 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> The new kernel is added to grub as:
>
> title CentOS
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (2.6.9-11.EL)
>         root (hd2,0)
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-11.EL ro
> root=/dev/VolGroupSYSTEM/LogVolROOT
>         initrd /initrd-2.6.9-11.EL.img
>
> This (the title) looks to me not as it should be. Or am I (again) on the
> wrong path concerning the trademarks issue?

Could you open a bug at http://bugs.centos.org/ please, also include any
info about your setup, what arch, install history etc. The kernel
install produces a correct title { CentOS (rel-ver) } for me on i386 and
x86_64.

do you have any custom strings in /etc/redhat-release perhaps ?

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc