[CentOS] memory leaking?? kernel problem?

israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu
Sat Jun 11 00:29:35 UTC 2005

List, I have the two servers  CentOS  4.0 (running postfix, mailscanner) on this hardware: HP netserver 2000, PIII - 1GHz, 512 ram, two Hdd  SCSI - 36 GB (RAID 1), I have monitored this server for a couple of  months and I've seen that the memory used is increasing every week until it reaches all available memory and the server crashes.... at this point mailscanner crashes or sometimes the server gets freezed....my question is?

Is this a memory leak?

I 've always used this combination (mailscanner, postfix on Whitebox) and never got a problem, but  when I upgrade my system to CentOS (kernel 2.6) this problem began..

can you help me?

regards

Israel