[CentOS] A questiong about replacing my failing drive

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sun Jun 12 01:06:26 UTC 2005

Peter Farrow wrote:
> If you use ghost, you need to edit fstab to make it look for ext 2 file
> systems as ghost doesn't copy the journal inode of ext 3.
>
> then use tune2fs -j /dev/....... to add it back in and edit the fstab
> back to ext3 on the new drive...

well shucks! someone should've told me that before I ghosted my web
server's hard drive, three hard drives of client machines and all the
countless other "ext3" file systems that my boss has done in recent past
using ghost. Darn, if we've known its not supposed to work then we may
not have been able to do what we've already done. ;)

in short, yes it does and no you don't have to do anything special with
fstab to make ghost work which is why I made the comment I did about it
just working.

--
Mark