[CentOS] A questiong about replacing my failing drive

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Jun 12 12:37:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 22:26 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> Now, for making multiple copies of the same disk, the only tool
> I recomend is, yes, Norton Ghost. But again, careful with boot managers.
> Most expecially lilo. This used to be a problem when I tried it, and
> might still be.

I still disagree.  There are several tools for cloning entire disks in
Linux which use a combination of _native_ tools -- even NTFS (using the
new resize tools, which don't require write access).

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->