[CentOS] 3.x ->3.5 update?

Mon Jun 20 11:45:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 22:56 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 23:11, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > > On my Centos 3.4 boxes that were up to date a day or two ago, yum wants
> > > to update just about everything today.  Is that normal?
> > >

> > Yes ... we shifted to 3.5 from 3.4 yesterday.
> >
> > All the security updates of update 5 were done when released.
>
> Thanks, but I thought that 3.5 was just the cumulative updates
> to 3.x rolled into a new iso.   If that's the case, why would
> an up to date 3.4 download everything again?

It should not download everything again ... it should replace everything
here

( https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel3as-errata.html )

that was released between 2005-05-16 and 2005-05-19 and is a RHEA or a
RHBA.

That is a significant number of packages.

RedHat released these as update 5, we incorporated them into CentOS 3.5.
Any that were RHSA's were integrated ASAP on the day of release, as they
are security fixes ... the RHEA and RHBA come as a group afterwards
since they are enhancements and bugfixes.

Those should be the packages you see trying to be upgraded.