[CentOS] CentOS 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing

Mon Jun 20 12:23:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 07:11 -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> > I had the same problem on a Pentium 166 machine. Is the laptop an i586
> > architecture? I am wondering if there is some exactarch weirdness going on
> > with yum. I needed to get the machine up and running, so I did as you said
> > and installed glibc and glibc-common by hand, then re-ran yum.
>
> Yes, it is an Pentium MMX 233 (i586).  All the other machines where
> update was successfull were i686.

Please see my earlier post:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-June/007474.html

We will continue to support i586 as much as possible, but i586 is not
supported by RHEL-4.

As I said, I have put in an upstream bug to try and have this corrected
(it is a reproducible upstream error) ... and I am debugging the build
issue as well.

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>