[CentOS] OT: question on setting up an email server

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Jun 21 14:51:52 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:48:41PM +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>
>>Ooh, I am so worried.
>

> You might not be about this particular problem, but it *should* make you
> worried about the state of qmail in general -- unmaintained by the one
> person who can do anything about it, and legally unmaintainable by anyone
> else.

what is wrong with qmail? There is also netqmail if you want something
maintained.

I personally do not see anything wrong with it.

>>idiot postfix poster. There was hardly anything nervous on the list.
>

> Well, depends if you call ad hominem attacks and a quick "discount-first,
> think-later" response as nervous. I might.

Since when did Leonard Budney come to represent the entire qmail list
members? This guy was rabid all the way to the end too.

>>Quite a few qmail old hands such as Russel Nelson (maintainer of
>>www.qmail.org) wanted DJB to update his installation instructions so
>>that inetd is no longer mentioned.
>

> This is *exactly* the point -- except it applies to the whole project, not
> just the documentation.

Many people do not share your view. They find qmail as it is perfectly
acceptable. That includes large ISPs.