[CentOS] CentOS 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Wed Jun 22 00:44:22 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> > to my heart since i just bought a motherboard based on one).  The C3
> > is definitely a modern platform - it's not fast by modern standards but it
> > works well enough for many applications and its heat/power requirements
> > are wonderful (circa 10 watts).
>
> It all depends how you define "modern."

In this case I define "modern" as "i just bought one (new) last week."

As opposed to other discussion on this list about, for example, actual
386 machines and whether it was reasonable to expect centos to run on them.

Not that I think that anything i can buy today will run an OS that's
targetted toward servers...certainly i don't want to run centos on a
pocketpc (although i guess you can run linux on one in some form).
But i'd definitely hope that certain low-end applications for which
i want a dedicated box could run on the same server OS that my bigger
stuff uses.

tnx
danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile