[CentOS] Re: Opteron Mobo Suggestions, Celestica A8440/A2210

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Jun 23 05:56:36 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 23:38, Lim Wee Cheong wrote:
> anyone tried dual core opterons on the Celestica A8440 (AMD Quartet) or the
> Celestica A2210 (AMD Serenade/ HP Proliant DL145 G1)? The last BIOS update
> states support for revision E. the dual cores revisions are E1 to E6.
Sorry, no hands on experience there but my guess is no for the A2210, yes for
the A8440. The bios upgrades are all too old (I have not seen dual core bios
updates posted publicly before may). Also, HP points you to the G2 for their
dual core setups and AMD
(https://devcenter.amd.com/resources/index.php?action=home) shows the A8440
being available with 875s while the A2210 is only shown with 252. If the
A2210 was dual core capable you'd think their dev resource/showroom would
have them.

Peter.