[CentOS] Software RAID muck up

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Jun 26 05:23:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 22:45 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Lilo figures it out and installs on both drives, but I'm not sure it
> is correct for all the variations of how bios sees the drives if
> the primary fails.

Yep, that's the problem with the PC BIOS.
One any "nex-gen" firmware should solve.

Hopefully Apple will show the PC world how it should be done.
Even if Apple is proprietary, a commodity implementation will follow.

I don't put much hope in Intel's supposed "open" efforts right now.
Given that most everyone has said the "open" aspec is a farce.

God I miss Intel of the '80s, back when they used to pay AMD to fab.
They did some great stuff back then, like pose the concept of
a commodity 32-bit processor with an optional MMU.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->