[CentOS] Sarah: RHSA tracking tool

Lee W centos-list at unassemble.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 18:12:27 UTC 2005

Dag Wieers wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm working on a RHSA tracking tool, named Sarah. It allows you to build a
>local RHSA database of different RHEL releases and then allows you to
>verify systems for compliance (and lists applicable RHSA and required
>packages).
>
>But before releasing my prototype, I would like to know what requirements
>people have. How they would be using such a tool and what for reports they
>need to extract.
>
>lman/listinfo/centos

Hi Dag,

I like the idea of this tool but I was wondering what methods you have
thought of for running the scan.

Is it intended to run on each individual machine or by remote access
from a central server (such as though SSH)?

Other than that I would be interested to see how it goes and also help
where I can.

Regards

Lee