[CentOS] Web Proxy/Monitoring Software?

Scott Sharkey

ssharkey at linuxunlimited.com
Tue Jun 28 17:40:02 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have a need for a service or software that will monitor and track
outbound HTTP (web) accesses, and report what pages are being visited.
I know that Squid theoretically can do this, but it seems like overkill
for this application.  The user could care less about caching - they
just want to monitor what URL's their staff is visiting.

IS squid the best option, or is there something else that would do a
better job?  Part of my concern is that the machine they have to run
this on does not have a huge amount of memory, and I understand Squid
can be a memory hog.

Thanks!!!

-Scott