[CentOS] [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0-> 4.1 update failing

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Tue Jun 28 18:08:23 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>
-}Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:29 AM
-}If you deploy servers with more than 1GB of RAM, and
-}definitely more than 4GB of RAM, you should be aware
-}of what limitations there are with Intel solutions.
-}
-}That's what this was about.
-}Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org

interesting, maybe i missed something then as i have been following most of
the thread(s) yet...

what _practical_ knowledge are we or were we supposed to have gained in
terms of CentOS, security, and or anything else please?

or should i be more specific with the question(s)?

the reason i ask is that i just dumped 2 gig dram in a basic P4 Intel 3.0GHz
box to play with.

regards and TIA,

 - rh