Offtopic Posts [was Re: [CentOS] [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 21:27:32 UTC 2005

From: Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>
> I agree completely.  Unfortunately, even though I've killfiled the
> biggest offender, I'm still getting a lot of the noise since people
> continue to feed him.

I assume the former is a reference to me.
As far as the latter, you might re-think your singularity focus.
As I've said before, you can't complain about me without complaining
about others too.

I.e., I try to point out things with_out_ going down into the tangent.
Then people "get smart" with me believing what I say is not true.

I can then either "let it go" and then people dismiss my offering of
my experience and knowledge.
Or I can correct them with the tangent.
It's a catch-22 for all of us.

> If people want to feed the trolls, please, for the love of all that's
> holy, trim your posts.  8-)

The funniest thing is that when people define what a "troll" is,
they aren't just defining it for myself.  Your partiality has been
noted.  ;->

> Sigh, this is the first technical list filter I've ever had to
> implement (for email...usenet is another story).

No offense but sometimes the "popular" thought or ignorance
is worse than the so-called "distractive" discussion that sheds some
light on it.

People are building servers with CentOS.  This stuff is pertinent.
I do _not_ introduce it myself, but when it comes up, I _will_
offer my recommendations based on experience and background.

If you see people only as "feeding" my so-called "trollish nature,"
then maybe that's a sign you're not looking at the real issue.
I'm not innocent, and I'll _never_ claim to be.
But some others are very guilty of wanting many tangents and
are posting just as much as I in a thread!

Think about it.  ;->

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org