Offtopic Posts [was Re: [CentOS] [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 21:46:29 UTC 2005

From: Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>
> Look - brevity is the soul of wit.  It also keeps other folks on lists
> from calling you a troll.

The problem is that then the same people then start complaining
about my "oversimplification."  In fact, that's part of the problem here.

I really _tried_ to make a recommendation without breaking down into
the engineering non-sense.  I really don't see how much "wit" I could
do to satisify some people on that thread.

> You pretty much get to blab as much as you want and argue with
> people over tangent issues proving you are right,

Dude, at this point, I'm tired of having my experience cut, sliced and
diced by people who are like, "WTF does he think he is?"  So you're
right, I'm going to just state something _once_ and if people don't
want to believe it, I'm just going to leave it.

I tried several times in that thread, but yes, you are correct, I didn't
stop, and I kept posting too.  My apologies.

> or you get to maintain "non-troll" status.  Pick one, but don't
> tangentially blab and get upset about being called a tangential
> blabber.

I don't have a problem with being called a "tangential blabber."
What *I* have a problem is being singled out.  Dude, re-read back
in that last thread.  Although I didn't stop posting, at some point,
I realized it was going to have to go _deep_ before it would end.

Now I've said my peace for the last time.  I promise I will not
repeat something more than once -- at the most, making only a
2nd post to "clarify" and if I didn't do a "good enough job" by then,
I'll leave it be _regardless_.

Your opinion is noted.  But also note that someone else insinuated
there was only *1* troll.  I like holding everyone to the same standard.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org