[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts [was Re: [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Wed Jun 29 01:22:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 21:03 -0400, Peter Arremann wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 20:23, Gavin Carr wrote:
> > Off topic maybe, but -1 troll. :-)
> Off topic we can all agree on.
>
> But at least for me, anyone who posts without even trying to find and shred of
> prove and we're just simply supposed to believe every word, sorry, that's a
> troll.
>
> If Byran had shown any form of prove - any docs that would show he is right, I
> would agree with you. But until then, I can just agree with Chris.

If he includes docs and long posts, there are complaints ... if not, he
is a troll ... come on.

> Lots of
> hot air and no substance. Ironic that I say that while I agree with Bryan so
> much on 3ware and board design, uch?

Look ... if someone takes the time to write something and send it, we
should probably read it.  Filters can be set, esp for OT stuff.  If 3
people join a Off-Topic list, what good does that do ...

Lots of this stuff has parts that are on topic ...

Bryan has put many good technical posts on this list, and while he can
be a tad long-winded at times, his posts are normally very informative.

A troll ... I don't think so.

And I have never seen Bryan make a harsh post, though he has received
several.