[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts -- I'm shutting up now until I hear from AMD

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jun 29 02:04:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 20:59 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> This is a hack for so-called "32-bit" Athlon MP mainboards!

I promise, I've revisited this enough that I'm going to shut up until I
hear from AMD on the hack.

I'm combing through the source to find it, and if and when I do, I'll
try to explain what it's doing.  It's not straight-forward at all,
because I don't think AMD ever produced a reference design for Athlon MP
with support for more than 4GiB.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->