[CentOS] an rpm howto question

Nielsen, Steve

SNielsen at comscore.com
Wed Jun 29 21:21:10 UTC 2005

I am in a precarious spot....

I run centos 4.0. I upgraded my mod_perl RPM to mod_perl 2.0.1. CGI.pm 3.10 (3.05 comes with centos 4.0) fixes some namespace issues with mod_perl vs mod_perl 2.0.1. I need to upgrade to it to 3.10. Yet that file belongs to the perl rpm that comes with centos.

What do people generally do in this type of situation?

Do I need to compile a new perl  just to upgrade CGI.pm to a newer version? Can I package the new CGI and install it ? If I do CGI.pm will be owned by 2 packages (the one I package and perl).

Thoughts , ideas?

Steve