[CentOS] 4.1 beta for Alpha platform

User Lists clopmz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 13:39:24 UTC 2005

Hi Pasi,

 I am running SRM on this machine (but I can use
ARC/AlphaBIOS if it is necesary, au model). I have do
it a test: I have downloaded vmlinux.gz file from
beta.centos.org and when I try to decompress on a i386
machine gives me this error:

"gzip: vmlinux.gz: invalid compressed data--format
violated".

 I try to decompress on another Alpha machine that has
a debian sarge installed, end the error it is the
same. But when I download this kernel image from
AlphaCore (Fedora based alpha distro), error does not
exists neither in the Intel or Alpha box ... Is this
kernel image corrupt from some reason???

What information do you need??