[CentOS] "vsftpd is dead but subsys is locked"

Sun Jun 26 07:44:15 UTC 2005
Draden <draden at gmail.com>

If someone could give advice - I am running Centos 4 and on it I am
running among other things vsftpd. Today I noticed the ftp services
wasn't running, when I went to restart it it says it starts, but there
is no pid for it. when I do a status on it, it gives a message saying
"vsftpd is dead but subsys is locked" I have tried removing the lock
file and no joy.
I even just resorted to a reboot hoping that would clear the issue and
to no avail

Draden
--
"Delivery yesterday, Code today, Think Tomorrow"