[CentOS] rhel3 < centos3 updates

Fri Jun 3 04:56:51 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 6/2/05, Stephen M. Gava <smig at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Thanks Mike. If I "crossgrade" as above from the rhel version I
> mentionned to centos 3.5, is it likely to want to upgrade a whole swag
> of stuff?  Can I be selective about what actually gets updated? (without
> causing problems)

Of course.  Yum is designed for just such purposes.

Once you've done the manual steps of the process listed earlier in the
thread, do a "yum check-update" to see what it will update.  Review
that list and then do a "yum update package1 package2 package3" from
that list.  If there are any dependencies, yum will tell you and ask
if you want to install them.  You get complete control.

Greg