[CentOS] RHEL Un question

Wed Mar 30 03:28:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 20:21 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, since I have not used any RedHat
> (enterprise or otherwise) until Fedora FC3 (a few weeks) and now
> CentOS4 (permanently). I keep finding references to Un (I believe it's
> up to U5 now) in references to bugfixes, etc for RHEL. I presume (?)
> these are dot releases after the initial release?
>
> Is there anything equivalent for CentOS, or is this RedHat only behavior?
>
> TIA,

RedHat releases updates (about once per quarter) for their EL products.

So RHEL-3, the latest version, is update 4 ... that would be RHEL3-U4

RedHat has just released the beta for update 5 ... which will become
RHEL3-U5.

CentOS numbers our releases similarly ... so CentOS-3.3 is based on
update 3, 3.4 is based on update 4 ... 3.5 will be based on update 5,
etc.

For CentOS-4.0 they haven't yet released an update.