[CentOS] Compiling Kernel Modules

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Wed May 4 07:01:02 UTC 2005

Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:

> Well anyway, if anyone wants a reiserfs module for CentOS 4, I'll have it
> built by the end of today...
This is the kind of thing that could go in CentOS Plus.  Someone would
have to step up to build it and decide what goes into the package.

If they were built as addon RPM's then that might work well, but that is
what GFS uses and it is a pain in the butt to maintain because GFS is
also tied to specific userspace versions which don't coexist (though
they reckon they have fixed that now).

John.