[CentOS] OpenOffice Conversion

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:54:30 UTC 2005

On 5/5/05, Alex White <prata at kuei-jin.org> wrote:
> I have need to convert approximately 100 documents in Openoffice's
> native format to Microsoft Word's native format. Apparently,
> someone's manager wants all of the documents in Word (just this
> once) for whatever reason and going back and saving each individual
> file as a Word document seems excessive. Does anyone know of a
> conversion tool that is native to linux (preferrably) that could do
> this? Or even a Windows app would suffice truly.

You will probably have much better luck on an OOo specific forum/list.
 I would suggest the OpenOffice.orgForum on Macros and API:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=9

And more specifically:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=12922

Also, if you could satisfy this pointy haired boss with PDF and/or
HTML you will probably have an easier time, but maybe there is a way
to get it to a Word doc easily.

Good luck,
Greg