[CentOS] shutdown and console messges

Collins Richey

crichey at gmail.com
Fri May 6 02:57:37 UTC 2005

Just a minor irritation.

1. When I shutdown from the GDM menu, most of the time the screen goes
black and none of the "stopping..." messages are visible until just
about the time the mounted filesystems are shutdown, about three lines
before acpi poweroff.

2. Always when I shutdown from my desktop manager (IceWm in my case),
I get all the messages immediately. Once in a blue moon, this works in
case 1 as well.

No big deal. I'm just wondering if anyone can explain this behavior.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,