[CentOS] Dell Poweredge 4300 + PARC 2 (Megaraid) Centos 4

William Suffill

william.suffill at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:39:38 UTC 2005

After 4 days of agrevation I felt it was  best I post to the list
before I break something or hurt myself. It seems that 2.6 from other
posts seemed to kill support for this card in particular since LSI has
EOL'd it. Although I've managed to download megaraid-2.00.3 which does
support this card and build an object on a sperate box. Although the
installer seems to require a driver disk and a .ko (kernel object).
I'm pretty much at a loss as to where to go from there. I've never
built a driver disk so it's been and uphill struggle just to get this
far. It's been some long days for both techs here and seems to get so
far but not far enough since the box is still unusable.

I much rather solve this issue then run a legacy distro that will pick
up the card as is so any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

-- William