[CentOS] Hardware RAID Controller

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue May 10 20:00:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 at 8:36pm, Lee W wrote

> Okay I'm getting a bit over my head now.  Anyone see any problems
> putting 2 of these in the same machine. After a few other comments I was
> thinking of trying 2 x RAID-1's.

Most (all but one, actually) of my 3ware based servers have multiple cards
in 'em.  My most recent has two 9500s-12 boards in it (on separate PCI
busses), each board set to RAID 5 w/ a hot spare, and I do a software
RAID0 across the two arrays.  Performance (tiobench) graphs here:

http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/tioread.png
http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/tiowrite.png

In short, it goes fast.

--