[CentOS] Hardware RAID Controller

Lee W centos-list at unassemble.co.uk
Wed May 11 19:58:23 UTC 2005

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 at 8:36pm, Lee W wrote
>

>>Okay I'm getting a bit over my head now.  Anyone see any problems
>>putting 2 of these in the same machine. After a few other comments I was
>>thinking of trying 2 x RAID-1's.
>>

>Most (all but one, actually) of my 3ware based servers have multiple cards
>in 'em.  My most recent has two 9500s-12 boards in it (on separate PCI
>busses), each board set to RAID 5 w/ a hot spare, and I do a software
>RAID0 across the two arrays.  Performance (tiobench) graphs here:
>
>http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/tioread.png
>http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/tiowrite.png
>
>In short, it goes fast.

Thanks for all the advise people have offered.  I've been checking out
all the 3ware cards available and believe that the Escalade 7506-4LP
would be best for me.

However I've noticed that it is a 64-Bit PCI Card.  Can I still use this
in a 32-Bit Slot.  I think that I read something once that said it would
work but at a reduced bandwidth.

Regards

Lee