[CentOS] Xen under CentOS 4

Christian Nygaard chris at math.uu.se
Thu May 12 08:57:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, User Lists wrote:

> hi all,
>
>  Where i can found docs about install Xen under CentOS
> 4 ?? (I only find docs for Fedora). Do I need a
> precompiled kernel or can I use binary kernel that
> comes with xen binaries??? And the last question, can
> I a fresh install solaris 10 under xen??
>
> Thank you very much for your help.

"Xen is based on paravirtualization; that is, you have to make some
changes to the low-level kernel to allow the OS to run"
From: http://test.planetsun.org/filter/solaris/

As far as I know I have only seen Xen for Linux and some *BSD guest os.

Have you tried using the Xen kernel source RPM that comes with Fedora
3.92? SRPMS/xen-2-20050424.src.rpm

//Chris