[CentOS] Mini-centOS

kenkensmile at netscape.net

Fri May 13 10:55:05 UTC 2005

I am using centOS for my server and centOS is extremely stable. I almost love centOS more than my wife. However, centOS is a bit heavy to run on my notebook (P III 1G, 256MB RAM). I need gnome, firefox, openoffice, realplayer, gaim, acrobat and thunderbird on my notebook, but if I install all of them (plus base-system), my notebook becomes very slow. I wish I could have a lighter version of centOS for notebooks and old desktops. Is there any project that I could have a mini-centOS in the future???

Joe

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.