[CentOS] clamav-0.85

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon May 16 14:46:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, rado wrote:

> Freshclam log complains of a new version out: clamav-0.85.
>
> well, I'm kinda new to Cent0S etc migrating from fedora 3 etc.
>
> anyway...I did clean install of clamav and clamav-milter..
>
> I left a note on Dag's repo site as that's where I got all the *-0.84
> stuff at rhel 4 specific.
>
> I tried to ugrade from the pkgs on Petr *'s site but it complained
>
> I then went to clamav on irc.
>
> there, Nervous explained to me that clamav will still update until Dag
> gets 0.85 up.
>
> so this was good news!

Yes, I actually asked the clamav people to not break clamav everytime they
release a new version. It seems so silly to expect everyone to upgrade the
day a new version is available. Sadly they still show that very confusing
message, and I get tons of mail from people that think they have to tell
me that a new version is released...

The clamav people do not seem to realise that I don't need those mails and
people shouldn't be panicing... Anyway, I'm currently in the US, my
buildsystem was disconnected from the Internet, Dries fixed it a few hours
ago at my appartement and I rebuilt clamav. I'm now doing some more
packages since generating the metadata is very expensive and I don't want
to do that for a single update.

So hold on.