[CentOS] CentOS 3 / tg3 driver on an HS20 Blade

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Wed May 18 22:18:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 at 5:08pm, Brendon Colby wrote

> I know it's been mentioned before that the tg3 driver in CentOS 3.4 is
> buggy. I had to revert to 3.4 today from 4 (fresh install) and now I
> have no link and thus no network. I'm wondering if this is caused by
> this bug and what the work-around is.

I have to say here that if there's a bug here, it's not universal.  I have
several Opteron boxes with Arima HDAMA motherboards, and have not had any
issues with the tg3 driver.  lspci says that they're "Ethernet controller:
Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)".

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering