[CentOS] Re: Hi, Bryan; was: Re: pronunciation? <snip> -- don't shoot the messenger ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri May 20 04:39:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 19:49 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> I think I recognize this as total crap.

Crap in what regard?  It's factual, I can assure you of that.

Or crap the fact that people feel the need to bash company names and
make snide, _non-technical_ comments regularly?

I'm not the one who starts dragging company names through the mud.  I
stay focused on technical and legal specifics.  If someone feels the
need to drag a corporate name through the mud or make some sort of snide
comment, I can easily explain the details of why you shouldn't.

Don't shoot the messenger.

> Bryan, please stay on topic and post this sort of malarkey on another list.

Once again, I will remind people not to feel obligated to make snide
comments on companies and stay technically focused.

Are you really pointing the finger solely at me?  Or are you just mad at
me because I don't want to join the "popular demonizing opinions" on Red
Hat, Caldera or "whoever some people want to despise today"?

No offense, but when people do such, they just turn off a lot of key
decision makers at major companies.  Taking the time to understand why
companies do things and explaining those details will get you a lot
farther.

That's all I am offering.  If you don't want to hear it, then encourage
those not to make snide comments.  ;->

Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith at ieee.org