[CentOS] mplayer repository for CentOS

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Fri May 20 16:09:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 17:55 +0200, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:
> is there stuff in livna which isn't in dag/dries
>
> hmm... will have to take a look

I haven't found much that I needed that wasn't in dag's repository. Only
two items. Here's what I've found.

gtkpod - for iPods, obviously
xine
mplayer
mplayer-plugin
bittorrent
gkrellm
irssi - ncurses IRC client
mozilla-flash
xmms-mp3
centericq - ncurses Jabber client

pine, even (yes, I still sometimes use that)

Almost everything I've needed has been there. And that's a wide range of
stuff.

The only thing I've installed from downloaded binaries has been Java
stuff, jdk, eclipse, tomcat, etc. And I like to install that stuff
manually anyway.

Other than that, he didn't have slrn and rioutil. So I had to install
those from source. But that's it. And one could argue that slrn and
rioutil aren't *that* widely used, perhaps.

Preston