[CentOS] RPM dependency graph?

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri May 20 16:04:16 UTC 2005

From: Christian Nygaard <chris at math.uu.se>
> Do people know of a tool to generate a visual RPM dependency
> graph either in ASCII or with Graphics?

Several came out from various Red Hat developers when the "shackles were
taken off" and the Red Hat Rawhide team "had at it" with renamed Fedora
Core 1 Test in removing years and years of built-up "inter-dependency hell."

If you search the [now] Fedora Development lists from August-September
2003, you should see several of them.  Some are CLI and some web (PHP?).
You can even use them to build pre-assembled package lists for use in
Anaconda -- which is really nice if CentOS wants to add its own installation
types.

E.g., I've always wanted to create a Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC
aka "key server") install that is rather a minimal package list.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org