[CentOS] segmantation fault

Adrian Coman adi.coman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:44:36 UTC 2005

> We don't normally fix issues like this in CentOS ... because we are
> supposed to track upstream programs _exactly_ ... including their bugs.

Not really correct: I installed the rpm from xmms.org and it works
perfectly with /tmp mounted with noexec option. Seems that the xmms
compilation or the included xmms configuration are not the safest
ones. I didn't try with mplayer, but I guess it's something similar.

> If you want to fix it and maintain your own package, I'll try to help :)
>
> OR ... make an entry in the RH bugzilla for RHEL4 and xmms

this should be done .. where exactly can I do this?