[CentOS] VPN

Simone

simone72 at email.it
Mon May 23 16:18:56 UTC 2005

Hi list, I am trying to create a VPN between two different locations. On
the first location we have a cisco pix 525 Natting the internal
192.168.100.x network, while on the second location we have a Centos3
box Natting via iptables the internal 192.168.10.x netowrk. My goal is
to connect this 2 over the internet via IPsec. I created the IPsec
Net2Net via the network configuration graphic tool, and I configured the
cisco following the howto
http://www.johnleach.co.uk/documents/freeswan-pix/freeswan-pix.html .
 From my understanding, I should have an ipsec0 network device showing
up, so that I could route all traffic from 192.168.10.x directed to
192.168.100.x through it. The thing is that when I try to ifup ipsec0 I
get the following errors:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ripemd160
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module cast128
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module lzs
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module lzjh

So, after googling and reading a lot with no success, I would like to
ask for advice on this, and successfull story :). I really need to have
this VPN running, and  I am not tied to this one solution only,
linux-to-linux VPN, openVPN or anything else you could suggest would be
great.

Thanks in advice

Simone