[CentOS] VPN

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Tue May 24 09:20:28 UTC 2005

go to rpm.pbone.net and click on the advanced search

enter    kernel-2.4.21-15  and download a 2.4.21-15 kernel to match your
freeswan rpms, regressing from 2.4.21-27 to 2.4.21-15 will not be
problem for you unless a system chipset driver is missing in which case
you may lose a network card or get slower disk performance.

You can check the disk performance on each kernel with

hdparm -t /dev/hda for example if you have an ide drive....

The most likely (but still improbable) problem you will get is a slower
chipset disk driver....  but I would bet money on it being ok...

P.