[CentOS] iptables logging

Peter Farrow

peter at farrows.org
Wed May 25 10:16:24 UTC 2005

Hi All,

A few years ago I was asked if I could redirect console messages from
Iptables to a different virtual console, on RedHat 7.3 .  I managed to
do it, but can't remember how I did it, now that the same question has
arisen ona Centos 3.4 box.

I edited /etc/syslog.conf and redirected kern.* to /dev/tty2 for example
& this didn't work
I edited /etc/sysconfig/syslog and modified klogd options with -f
/dev/tty2 & this didn't work either

So I stopped syslogd and klogd altogether and iptables still logs to the
current console (which ever one you're on).

So my question is, how do I get iptables to redirect its output to
another console?

P.