Betr.: [CentOS] VPN - Solved - HUGE THANKS

Simone simone72 at email.it
Thu May 26 11:10:29 UTC 2005

Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:

> This seems very decent now!

Thanks :)

>> Looks like if I drop these it won't work. So I changed it to just catch
>> packets coming from the cisco pix public IP at the other end:
>

> weird protocol 50 and 51 are theoretically ipv6 related, oh well

Found that port 50 is for IPSEC ESP and 51 AH -
http://openskills.info/infobox.php?ID=1291
good to know

> this next one could probably also contain a "-o $VIRTUALVPNINTERFACE"

I did try to use -o ipsec0 and it works, but where is this ipsec0
device? Is this set in the ipsec.conf - interface="ipsec0=eth0"?
nevermind

>> $IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s $INTNET -d $FBCMEDIA -j ACCEPT
>

> and that's about it - seems real nice now.

Yes, the two networks can talk, only the vpn server itself is not
reacheable from the remote network. I red somewhere about this (too much
googling :) ) so hopefully I'll fix it.

> (now to get my own centos4-centos4 VPN working...)
> Cheers,
> MaZe.

Have a nice day