[CentOS] Official CentOS CD/DVD Vendor Program

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Thu May 26 18:33:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Chris Mauritz wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> >All,
> >
> >I would like to announce our Official CentOS CD/DVD Vendor Program.
> >
> >We currently have 3 vendors, and 2 more who are putting together their
> >information. (Not bad ... the official program has been going for less
> >than 12 hours :)
> >
> >The details of the program (how to get in it, what they give back to the
> >CentOS Project, etc.) are here:
> >http://www.centos.org/images/CentOS_CD_Vendors.pdf
> >

> What's the point?  I checked out linux cd mall.  They charge $12.50 for
> the CD set (or DVD) and CentOS makes ONE DOLLAR.  Unless you envision
> tens of thousands of people buying CDs, it hardly seems like a
> worthwhile endeavor unless you're the CD distributor.

That is reasonable given that they have to duplicate the cds, run a
website, hold stock etc etc, and they dont have to give the project
anything = they are in order to be listed on the website.

paypal at centos.org

> Hell, for 92% of the profit, I'd be more than happy to sit at home and
> burn DVDs all day.  Where do I sign?  8-)

Well start up your own cd vendor then ...

Regards
Lance

> Cheers,

uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.