[CentOS] Official CentOS CD/DVD Vendor Program

ago at lsc.hu ago at lsc.hu
Fri May 27 09:34:54 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 ago at lsc.hu wrote:
> I am sorry, but I get hundreds of emails every day, some even related to
> my day job that I earn money for , and they do not all get answered
> straight away,
OK, I understand this but the webpage mentioned your e-mail address.
Just a tip: why don't you utilize some CRM about this topic or open a new
forum for questions like this.

> Some people send a gentle reminder - I sent you an email you have answered
> etc etc - that is a technique I recommend if you want to get to the front
> of the queue ...
Agreed. That's why I wrote the second letter :-) I think I dealt with the
same problems like you when I didn't send the reminder (and I don't want
to bugging people with lots of work).

Anyway, I started to mirror CentOS.org but there was a hard disk problem
and it stopped me for a while. I just continoue it, soon.

> There is no problem with creating and selling DVD sets - CentOS is GP
> free software.L.
I know. I could sell it anyway, I could create my own set I just wanted to
respect your work and give more back to the "workers".

>> supporters page. What are the requirements etc. I didn't get answer.
>>
> Because the requirements have not yet been worked into an oficial document
sorry to hear it.

> We already do that - but it takes a long time for people to buld up the
> level of trust required for us to allow them to post updates !!!
Yes, I know it that's why I asked the requirements to be "official".
There's a good scheme worked out at Debian maybe CentOS could use it. Or
develop and use another scheme.

And that's why I thought about bring LLC-s into the developement. The
LLC-s are able to make contracts about what they are responsible for and
if they are not doing their work they will be thrown out from the site,
the "ring" etc.

> The usual way to get involved is to read the mailing list or get on irc
> and start answering peoples questions ... or build stuff for
> contrib/centosplus ...
Almost all the required packages are built by others :-) :-(
But I will try to find another work which doesn't require to be online all
the day as I travel a lot to custmers sometimes.

bye,
Ago