[CentOS] Newbie Query about Centos: where it is going...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:30:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 07:32, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 07:34, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > I can tell you that the base CentOS will always be RHEL SOURCES (plus
> > yum for doing updates).  That is for for any CentOS version (present or
> > in the future).
>
> Sure, of course, you and others are full of good intentions. But unless I pay
> you to sign a contract with me so that I can hold you accountable, I have no
> way to sue you if you (or your evil successors :) ) decide to do otherwise.

Realistically, one of the big reasons that support is dropped for
anything it that the company providing it has gone out of business
and where money is involved they will be bankrupt and your lawsuit
will be futile.  Sometimes it is just best to have a plan to switch
to an alternative if your first choice becomes unavailable.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com